A Finned tube heat exchanger will typically have tubes with fins attached to the outside of them. There will finned tube square usually be a liquid flowing through the inside of the tubes and air or some other gas flowing outside of the tubes, where the additional heat transfer surface area due to the finned tube, increases the heat transfer rate. For a cross-flow fin tube exchanger, the fins will typically be radial fins either circular or square, as shown in the pictures
Most finned tube heat exchangers are cross-flow, using finned tubes. For a counter flow or parallel Flow fin tube exchanger, the fins should be longitudinal instead of radial. Finned tubes may be used as internal tubes in an enclosed heat exchanger, but in many cases with an air heat exchanger, the air flows through

Buy now